ObamaCare in Tennessee
To Get Started in Tennessee Select From the Following:
» Get Information for Individuals and Families
» Get a Quote for Affordable Healthcare Online
» Call (888) 346-2306 from 9am – 9pm (M-F) for an Affordable Healthcare Rate
What information do I need when applying for ObamaCare in Tennessee?
When visiting HealthCare.gov have this information with you:
• Last year’s tax information for you and your family.
• Projected incomes for this year.
• Medical history.
• Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants).
• Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage.
• Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household.
• A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for. (You’ll need to fill out this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in.). Get the form online here.
Gather any other important information that could affect your health insurance premium or coverage options.
How long can children stay on my health insurance policy?
The official ObamaCare enrollment period ended on March 31, 2014. Important Notice: Its urgent, to avoid future fines and penalties, to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Health Care Act.
Tennessee Individuals & Families: Find out the most cost efficient healthcare insurance for you.
Under the health care law, if your plan covers children, you can now add or keep your children on your health insurance policy until they turn 26 years old.
What is the difference between the plans offered in the Marketplace?
The Marketplace offers:
- This is the lowest cost plan available.
- It has the lowest premiums and the lowest actuarial value.
- The actuarial value of a bronze plan is 60%. This means that 60% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 40% to be paid by you.
- This is the second lowest cost plan.
- It has an actuarial value of 70%. This means that 70% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 30% to be paid by you.
- This is the second most expensive plan.
- It has an actuarial value of 80%. This means that 80% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 20% to be paid by you.
- This is the plan with the highest premiums.
- The Platinum plan as an actuarial value of 90%. This means that 90% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 10% to be paid by you.
- These are plans for people under 30.
- They usually have high deductibles, essential benefits and low premiums.
Where can I find an “Employer Coverage Tool” form?
You can probably get an “Employer Coverage Tool” form by visiting your job’s Human Resources Department or by contacting the person in charge of health insurance plans in your place of work. You can also access this form online here.
Can my children be denied coverage if they have asthma or diabetes?
No. Under the new health reform, insurers can no longer deny coverage to children because of a pre-existing condition, like asthma or diabetes. Health insurers will no longer be able to charge more or deny coverage to anyone because of a pre-existing condition.
Where does the funding go in the communities?
Under ObamaCare, funding is increased to promote better health and services in all communities.
The funds are used to:
- Support ongoing health center operations.
- Establish new health center sites.
- Expand services.
- Support major capital improvement projects.
- Help enroll uninsured Americans in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Hire more workers.
- To repay educational loans and provide scholarships to primary care physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, behavioral health providers, and other primary care providers who practice in areas of the country that have too few health care professionals.
How does ObamaCare help the Medicare Program?
Under the national health reform there are major changes that create a stronger Medicare Program.
Prescription drugs are now affordable for seniors.
- In 2012, people with Medicare in the “donut hole” received a 50 percent discount on covered brand name drugs and 14 percent discount on generic drugs.
- Under the health care law, coverage for both brand name and generic drugs will continue to increase over time until the coverage gap is closed.
Under the health care law, coverage for both brand name and generic drugs will continue to increase over time until the coverage gap is closed.
Preventive services are covered with no deductible or co-pay.
No deductibles and co-pays let seniors and people with disabilities stay healthy by detecting and treating health problems early.
ObamaCare protects Medicare’s solvency.
The health care law extends the life of the Medicare Trust Fund by ten years.
- From 2010 to 2012, Medicare spending per beneficiary grew at 1.7 percent annually.
- The health care law helps stop fraud with tougher screening procedures, stronger penalties, and new technology.
Do all plans sold in the Marketplace comply with the new health reform?
Yes. All health insurance sold on official Marketplaces must include all the new benefits, rights and protections of the Affordable Care Act. To access ObamaCare for Tennessee visit HealthCare.gov
If you have any questions contact Healthcare.gov by calling 1-800-318-2596
TTY: 1-855-889-4325. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is the official Marketplace for Tennessee?
HealthCare.org is your state’s official Marketplace for Tennessee.
What is the FPL (federal poverty level) needed to receive ObamaCare subsidies?
ObamaCare subsidizes those with incomes ranging from 139% to 400% of the FLP. It also helps to make Medicaid and CHIP available for those below the 139% mark. Subsidies are given as refundable tax credits.
In 2013 400% FPL was:
- $45,960 for single person.
- $62,040 for a family of two.
- $78,120 for a family of three.
- HealthCare.gov is your state’s official ObamaCare website for Tennessee.
- All health insurance sold on HealthCare.gov includes all the new benefits, rights and protections of the Affordable Care Act.
- The law bans insurance companies from imposing lifetime dollar limits on health benefits.
- Not everyone who doesn’t have insurance will be charged a fee or will get cost assistance.
- How much you pay for your premium depends on your income and household size (Tax credits and cost-sharing).
- Location, income, smoking status, family size and age all affect the cost of your health insurance premium.
- ObamaCare subsidizes those with incomes ranging from 139% to 400% of the FLP (federal poverty level). In 2013 400% FPL is $45,960 for single person, $62,040 for a family of two, and $78,120 for a family of three.
- ObamaCare helps to make Medicaid and CHIP available for those below the 139% mark.
- Subsidies are given as refundable tax credits.
- Affordable health insurance is defined as 8% of your income.